Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 21, 2017
Movie Review: “Obit” gives newspaper obituary writers the last word
It’s one of the most thankless, unsung jobs at any newspaper, and one of the hardest. Obituary writers make value judgments, about whose life and achievements or simple notoriety is worthy of “500, 800 words,” and whose isn’t. And they … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Obit” gives newspaper obituary writers the last word
Box Office: How fast will “Furious” fade?
It cleared $100 million on its opening weekend and has no major fresh competition to face on this, its second week of release. So how much of that opening weekend audience will disappear for “The Fate of the Furious?” Box … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: How fast will “Furious” fade?