Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 7, 2017
Channel surfing any service that specializes in classic films, your eye can’t help but be seized by the merest flash of a film by Max Ophüls. A master of mise en scene and a filmmaker who single-handedly expanded the boundaries … Continue reading
Tomás didn’t want to make the trip. But he knew if he didn’t visit his old friend, Julián, “I’d regret it later.” Julián (Ricardo Darín) is an Argentine actor who has made his life in Madrid. And now, that … Continue reading