Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Family says a Long Goodbye to Dad before his Assisted Suicide -- "Last Flight Home"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 24, 2017
The audience rejection of “Free Fire,” the gonzo guns-and gunplay action comedy from the director of “High Rise,” may represent some tipping point moment for Americans’ attitudes about gun violence and its cavalier treatment on the big screen. Probably not. … Continue reading
Perhaps the finest accomplishment of those who made “Their Finest” was in getting their World War II “Dunkirk” movie out before the bigger-budgeted, all-star cast “Dunkirk” recreation due out this summer. Because their film, a war-on-the-home-front tale of a plucky … Continue reading
Bertrand Russell “Bert” Berns was a composer who wrote pop hits and soul classics, from “Hang on Sloopy” and “I Want Candy” to “Here Comes the Night,” “Cry Baby” and “Piece of My Heart.” As a producer, he had a … Continue reading