Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Jessie Buckley has "Men" Trouble
- Movie Review: "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers" need rescuing
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 24, 2017
The audience rejection of “Free Fire,” the gonzo guns-and gunplay action comedy from the director of “High Rise,” may represent some tipping point moment for Americans’ attitudes about gun violence and its cavalier treatment on the big screen. Probably not. … Continue reading
Perhaps the finest accomplishment of those who made “Their Finest” was in getting their World War II “Dunkirk” movie out before the bigger-budgeted, all-star cast “Dunkirk” recreation due out this summer. Because their film, a war-on-the-home-front tale of a plucky … Continue reading
Bertrand Russell “Bert” Berns was a composer who wrote pop hits and soul classics, from “Hang on Sloopy” and “I Want Candy” to “Here Comes the Night,” “Cry Baby” and “Piece of My Heart.” As a producer, he had a … Continue reading