Top Posts & Pages
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: Just Get Gerard Butler to "Kandahar"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Classic Film Review: "A Walk in the Sun" (1945) WWII filmed as it was happening
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 10, 2017
Thor shows he’s still in on the joke with “Ragnarok” trailer
I like to think Kenneth Branagh, who directed the lighthearted first film, and Chris Hemsworth set the tone, here. But that decision was made higher up, to be sure. Different director, but Marvel had to see that light is what … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Thor shows he’s still in on the joke with “Ragnarok” trailer
Movie Review: O’Toole should come back from the grave to haunt the makers of “Diamond Cartel”
“Diamond Cartel” bills itself as “The final film of Peter O’Toole.” There are worse ways to draw interest to your blood-soaked, nonsensical Kazakhstan-filmed war between warlords debacle. Probably. But there is no worse way for an actor to make his … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: O’Toole should come back from the grave to haunt the makers of “Diamond Cartel”