Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: October 19, 2016
Movie Preview: Can “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” catch lightning in a bottle…again?
The first teaser for the GOTG sequel (“Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 2”) is nostalgic — for the first film and its judicious use of Blue Swede and “Hooked on a Feeling.” They’re not giving us much, which is no … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Can “Guardians of the Galaxy 2” catch lightning in a bottle…again?
Movie Review — “Ouija: Origin of Evil”
“Ouija: Origin of Evil” makes you appreciate the fine art of cutting a movie trailer. You’ve got to show us enough to want to buy a ticket, but you don’t want to spoil all your surprises and effects. This is … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review — “Ouija: Origin of Evil”
Movie Review: Faith-based “Priceless” lacks urgency
You have to appreciate the high-mindedness of “Priceless,” a faith-based drama in which a “transporter” makes it his business to free Mexican women he’s unknowingly delivered into the Southwestern U.S. sex trade. But other good intentions — director Ben Smallbone … Continue reading