Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 20, 2016
The only reason the X-Men franchise was never less than half-interesting was Hugh Jackman’s iconic — yes, that’s the right word — portrayal of Wolverine. From the very first X-Men film, he was the magnetic center, a very good actor … Continue reading
“Max Steel” isn’t the utter abortion that it’s terrible Metacritic/Rottentomatoes ratings suggests it must be. MPAA Rating:PG-13 for some sci-fi action violence Cast: Ben Winchell, Maria Bello, Andy Garcia, Ana Villafane, the voice of Josh Brener Credits: Directed by Stewart Hendler, script … Continue reading
Vigorous, violent, and would you believe…cute? With “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back,” Tom Cruise & Co. take the popular Lee Child character and franchise and stick a gun in its mouth. Cruise and his “thirtysomething” co-conspirators — a cheap shot, … Continue reading