Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Big" styled body switch from Lail to Keaton -- "Mack & Rita"
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Movie Review: Aubrey Plaza is the voice of her generation -- "Emily the Criminal"
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Movie Review: Gemma Arterton falls for the "Rogue Agent" -- or does she?
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- Movie Review: Make a Great Climb, risk a Great "Fall"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: October 20, 2016
The only reason the X-Men franchise was never less than half-interesting was Hugh Jackman’s iconic — yes, that’s the right word — portrayal of Wolverine. From the very first X-Men film, he was the magnetic center, a very good actor … Continue reading
“Max Steel” isn’t the utter abortion that it’s terrible Metacritic/Rottentomatoes ratings suggests it must be. MPAA Rating:PG-13 for some sci-fi action violence Cast: Ben Winchell, Maria Bello, Andy Garcia, Ana Villafane, the voice of Josh Brener Credits: Directed by Stewart Hendler, script … Continue reading
Vigorous, violent, and would you believe…cute? With “Jack Reacher: Never Go Back,” Tom Cruise & Co. take the popular Lee Child character and franchise and stick a gun in its mouth. Cruise and his “thirtysomething” co-conspirators — a cheap shot, … Continue reading