Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Movie Review: Survival isn't guaranteed on "Rust Creek"
- Netflixable? Ryan Phillipe takes "The 2nd" amendment seriously
- Netflixable? Polish teen is "Fierce (Jak Zostac Gwiazd)" singing in front of the star who doesn't know he's her Dad
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Documentary Review: The definitive biography of Lady Day? "Billie"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? Filipino drama "Finding Agnes" is mopey and soapy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2016
Morgan Freeman and a lot of folks most of us won’t recognize star in this digitally-augmented remake of “A tale of the Christ,” “Ben-Hur.” Insane that Hollywood would remake it, but with CGI being what it is, you don’t have … Continue reading
OK, it looks like “X-Men” for toddlers. But…Tim Burton! TIM BURTON! A couple of eye-popping bits to feast on, for sure.
“The Brothers Grimsby” is 83 minutes of excruciating, nauseating, boundary-pushing “comedy” that never for a second feels like it’s anything but visual evidence of the end of Sacha Baron Cohen’s comic leading-man career. And in a lame buddy picture, to … Continue reading
It now being an established fact that these “Divergent” movies are a terrible, hackwork embarrassment to science fiction, YA films and action cinema in general, the time has come to fret over their real impact. Have they broken Shailene Woodley? … Continue reading