Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Netflixable? French dancers "Step up" for "Let's Dance"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Frozen 2" melts down
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
- Movie Review: Twists and tension make "I See You" a sleeper worth tracking down
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 16, 2016
Morgan Freeman and a lot of folks most of us won’t recognize star in this digitally-augmented remake of “A tale of the Christ,” “Ben-Hur.” Insane that Hollywood would remake it, but with CGI being what it is, you don’t have … Continue reading
OK, it looks like “X-Men” for toddlers. But…Tim Burton! TIM BURTON! A couple of eye-popping bits to feast on, for sure.
“The Brothers Grimsby” is 83 minutes of excruciating, nauseating, boundary-pushing “comedy” that never for a second feels like it’s anything but visual evidence of the end of Sacha Baron Cohen’s comic leading-man career. And in a lame buddy picture, to … Continue reading
It now being an established fact that these “Divergent” movies are a terrible, hackwork embarrassment to science fiction, YA films and action cinema in general, the time has come to fret over their real impact. Have they broken Shailene Woodley? … Continue reading