Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Movie Review: "Waiting for the Barbarians"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2016
“Take Me to the River” is a quietly disturbing slice of Southern Gothic that isn’t Southern at all. It’s a Nebraska-California culture clash/sexual abuse story confined and contained in a single family, on a family farm over a reunion/birthday celebration … Continue reading
The rise and fall of cyclist Lance Armstrong earns a brisk and surprisingly nuanced treatment from director Stephen Frears in “The Program.” The veteran Frears, of “The Queen”, “The Grifters,” “High Fidelity” and “Philomena,” finds the good and bad in … Continue reading
It’s got the always-funny Sam Rockwell and Jemaine Clement, Will Forte and Danny McBride in it. And the can-be-funny Amy Ryan and Leslie Bibb show up in support. The team behind “Napoleon Dynamite” and “Nacho Libre” wrote and filmed it. … Continue reading