Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 14, 2016
Film Review: “Take Me to the River”
“Take Me to the River” is a quietly disturbing slice of Southern Gothic that isn’t Southern at all. It’s a Nebraska-California culture clash/sexual abuse story confined and contained in a single family, on a family farm over a reunion/birthday celebration … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Film Review: “Take Me to the River”
Movie Review: Lance Armstrong rises and falls, thanks to “The Program”
The rise and fall of cyclist Lance Armstrong earns a brisk and surprisingly nuanced treatment from director Stephen Frears in “The Program.” The veteran Frears, of “The Queen”, “The Grifters,” “High Fidelity” and “Philomena,” finds the good and bad in … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Lance Armstrong rises and falls, thanks to “The Program”
Movie Review: Why doesn’t “Don Verdean” work?
It’s got the always-funny Sam Rockwell and Jemaine Clement, Will Forte and Danny McBride in it. And the can-be-funny Amy Ryan and Leslie Bibb show up in support. The team behind “Napoleon Dynamite” and “Nacho Libre” wrote and filmed it. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Why doesn’t “Don Verdean” work?