Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? "The Ice Road" should make even Liam Neeson say, "Oh, come ON now!"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Netflixable? "Confessions of an Invisible Girl" include Brazilians and waxing
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2016
“Take Me to the River” is a quietly disturbing slice of Southern Gothic that isn’t Southern at all. It’s a Nebraska-California culture clash/sexual abuse story confined and contained in a single family, on a family farm over a reunion/birthday celebration … Continue reading
The rise and fall of cyclist Lance Armstrong earns a brisk and surprisingly nuanced treatment from director Stephen Frears in “The Program.” The veteran Frears, of “The Queen”, “The Grifters,” “High Fidelity” and “Philomena,” finds the good and bad in … Continue reading
It’s got the always-funny Sam Rockwell and Jemaine Clement, Will Forte and Danny McBride in it. And the can-be-funny Amy Ryan and Leslie Bibb show up in support. The team behind “Napoleon Dynamite” and “Nacho Libre” wrote and filmed it. … Continue reading