Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: Bale and Damon, "Ford v Ferrari"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? French gangsters fight a turf war in Thailand on "Paradise Beach"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Prepare to be blindsided by "Face 2 Face"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? As this story is from Spain, "The Influence" ("La influencia") just might be a witch
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2016
“Take Me to the River” is a quietly disturbing slice of Southern Gothic that isn’t Southern at all. It’s a Nebraska-California culture clash/sexual abuse story confined and contained in a single family, on a family farm over a reunion/birthday celebration … Continue reading
The rise and fall of cyclist Lance Armstrong earns a brisk and surprisingly nuanced treatment from director Stephen Frears in “The Program.” The veteran Frears, of “The Queen”, “The Grifters,” “High Fidelity” and “Philomena,” finds the good and bad in … Continue reading
It’s got the always-funny Sam Rockwell and Jemaine Clement, Will Forte and Danny McBride in it. And the can-be-funny Amy Ryan and Leslie Bibb show up in support. The team behind “Napoleon Dynamite” and “Nacho Libre” wrote and filmed it. … Continue reading