Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: "M.O.M. Mothers of Monsters"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Documentary Review -- Mexican cuisine's first foreign champion, "Diana Kennedy: Nothing Fancy"
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 14, 2016
“Take Me to the River” is a quietly disturbing slice of Southern Gothic that isn’t Southern at all. It’s a Nebraska-California culture clash/sexual abuse story confined and contained in a single family, on a family farm over a reunion/birthday celebration … Continue reading
The rise and fall of cyclist Lance Armstrong earns a brisk and surprisingly nuanced treatment from director Stephen Frears in “The Program.” The veteran Frears, of “The Queen”, “The Grifters,” “High Fidelity” and “Philomena,” finds the good and bad in … Continue reading
It’s got the always-funny Sam Rockwell and Jemaine Clement, Will Forte and Danny McBride in it. And the can-be-funny Amy Ryan and Leslie Bibb show up in support. The team behind “Napoleon Dynamite” and “Nacho Libre” wrote and filmed it. … Continue reading