Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: Adventure vlogger finds there is "No Escape" from a Russian puzzle
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A teacher goes off the rails after "The Swerve"
- Netflixable? Coming of age and coming out in Taiwan -- "Your Name Engraved Herein"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Retirees look for Paradise in Florida's The Villages -- "Some Kind of Heaven"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: February 12, 2016
Weekend movies — See “Deadpool” without the kids, ignore “Zoolander,” “Single” is for NYC singles only
A mixed weekend for movies, as we’ve learned to expect from February. The Oscar contenders, most moviegoers have seen. But studios don’t waste potential blockbusters on the deep winter doldrums. Thus, movies like “Ghostrider” and “Kingsmen” and (better) “The Lego … Continue reading