Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Documentary Review: Remembering "Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan: Brothers in Blues"
- Movie Review: "Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves"
- Movie Review: Lifelong Friends Journey from "Chantilly Lace" to "Chantilly Bridge"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 9, 2016
Movie Review: “Standoff”
Not gonna lie. I laughed out loud — more than once — at “Standoff.” The trash talk in this Mexican (Midwestern) “standoff” thriller is tasty, the hit-man threats even tastier. “Take a good look,” the hitman (Laurence Fishburne) tells the … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Standoff”
Movie Review: “Diamond Tongues”
It’s hard to fall in love with — or even like — Edith Welland. Hell, it’s almost impossible. Self-absorbed and scattered, cute but not gorgeous, perky but resentful and mean, she’s a Toronto actress with four years of failure under … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Diamond Tongues”