Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 1, 2015
I got to know Fred Dalton Thompson when I worked at a newspaper in Tennessee — after the Watergate hearings and the movie “Marie,” where he played himself as a politician who helps a woman stand up to corruption — … Continue reading
In the best picture of 2015, Carey Mulligan is the stoic, long-suffering sweatshop worker radicalized into action. Helena Bonham-Carter the pharmacist who would have been a doctor had women in Britain been allowed into that profession. Brendan Gleeson is the … Continue reading