Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 6, 2015
Book Review — Judd Apatow’s “Sick in the Head: Conversations about Life and Comedy”
Finally got around to Judd Apatow’s comic memoir, “Sick in the Head,” an autobiographically revealing series of Q & A’s he’s done with people in the business of funny over the decades. Decades? He started as a precocious teen, setting … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Book Review — Judd Apatow’s “Sick in the Head: Conversations about Life and Comedy”
Weekend movies: Praise for “Peanuts,” Bond’s “Spectre” is shaken, but not slammed
“The Peanuts Movie” is the beneficiary of a year’s worth of lowered expectations. Hey, you mention “From the creators of ‘Ice Age’” and score the commercials and trailers with modern hip hopped pop, and share nary a joke…well, what’re we … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews Comments Off on Weekend movies: Praise for “Peanuts,” Bond’s “Spectre” is shaken, but not slammed