Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 24, 2015
“You know this story,” the sidekick soon-to-be-known as Igor narrates. Lightning, corpses, “a mad genius.” But what if you didn’t? You know, “know the story”? “Victor Frankenstein” is a madcap mashup of three stories — at least as they’re traditionally … Continue reading