Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 17, 2015
The raunchy, dopey holiday farce “The Night Before” hits you “like a wrecking a ball,” to steal a lyric from one of its better cameos. A “Pineapple Express” flavored romp through substance abuse and the sacrireligous, it hoots off the … Continue reading
“What’s that sound?” Angelina Jolie Pitt’s character says to Brad Pitt’s character in “By the Sea.” “The sea,” he says, leaving out the “duh.” They unpack his typewriter in their posh boutique hotel in the south of late 1960s France … Continue reading
You don’t have to be a Notre Dame football fan to fall for “Rudy,” and you didn’t have to have Indiana hoop dreams to get all sentimental over “Hoosiers.” But Angelo Pizzo, the guy who scripted those films and who … Continue reading