Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 17, 2015
The raunchy, dopey holiday farce “The Night Before” hits you “like a wrecking a ball,” to steal a lyric from one of its better cameos. A “Pineapple Express” flavored romp through substance abuse and the sacrireligous, it hoots off the … Continue reading
“What’s that sound?” Angelina Jolie Pitt’s character says to Brad Pitt’s character in “By the Sea.” “The sea,” he says, leaving out the “duh.” They unpack his typewriter in their posh boutique hotel in the south of late 1960s France … Continue reading
You don’t have to be a Notre Dame football fan to fall for “Rudy,” and you didn’t have to have Indiana hoop dreams to get all sentimental over “Hoosiers.” But Angelo Pizzo, the guy who scripted those films and who … Continue reading