Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 9, 2015
A “Flutter,” the opening credits of the film of that title tell us, is Brit-slang for “a small wager.” That sets us up for a movie in the sordid world of betting on sports — Cockney gambling addicts who rarely … Continue reading
It was obvious from the product tie-ins, the clumsy way the studio promoted it and the early reviews that “Spectre” represented a pretty serious fall-off in the again-burgeoning James Bond franchise. Not fatal, just serious. It turns out the critical … Continue reading