Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: She's an addict, her kid's in protective custody and "All the World is Sleeping"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? A South African sex-comedy that reminds us to "Do Your Worst"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 9, 2015
Movie Review: “Flutter”
A “Flutter,” the opening credits of the film of that title tell us, is Brit-slang for “a small wager.” That sets us up for a movie in the sordid world of betting on sports — Cockney gambling addicts who rarely … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Flutter”
Box Office: “Spectre” opens 17% lower than “Skyfall, “Peanuts” not quite a blockbuster
It was obvious from the product tie-ins, the clumsy way the studio promoted it and the early reviews that “Spectre” represented a pretty serious fall-off in the again-burgeoning James Bond franchise. Not fatal, just serious. It turns out the critical … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews Comments Off on Box Office: “Spectre” opens 17% lower than “Skyfall, “Peanuts” not quite a blockbuster