Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 22, 2015
“I hate girls who cry at work,” a character weeps in the two-hour-long comedy “The Intern.” So do I. You’d have to go back to an era when female office workers called each other “girls” to find that appropriate. But … Continue reading
Here in Los Estados Unidos, there’s usually a clear boundary between cartoons for kids and what we’d call “adult entertainment.” So this Mexican cartoon, in Spanish with English subtitles, is racy enough to count as a bit of culture clash. … Continue reading