Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Hard times make for Hard Crimes "Downeast"
- Movie Review: "The Right One" goes a tad too wrong
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 12, 2016
Natalie Dormer escapes the sexpot ghetto the movies (“Rush”) and TV (“The Tudors”, “Game of Thrones”) tried to sentence her to with “The Forest,” a ghost story about twins — one lost, perhaps suicidal, the other hunting for her sibling. … Continue reading
A Dreamworks animator from Hong Kong and a Taiwanese screenwriter teamed up for China’s biggest home-grown animation hit, “Monster Hunt.” A monsters and martial arts mashup, it arrives on American shores as an animation/live action combo that loses something in … Continue reading