Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? A long wallow in Southern Gothic, "The Devil All the Time"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 23, 2015
In Los Angeles, even the homeless are better looking than we could ever hope to be. With better hair and makeup, too. So that’s a comfort. I guess. “Other People’s Children” is an indie drama featuring a bunch of quite … Continue reading
You can see the logic here in Scott Eastwood’s mind. Or his agent’s. “Dad broke through in Westerns. Why don’t I do a Western?” Thus, “Diablo,” a violent and grimly obvious frontier thriller that Clint Eastwood might have made during … Continue reading
Any fan of cinema has to have a passing knowledge of the German movies of the Weimar Era. That’s the democratic respite between the autocratic horrors of Imperial Germany, broken by World War I, and the rise of National Socialism … Continue reading