Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 23, 2015
Movie Review: “Other People’s Children”
In Los Angeles, even the homeless are better looking than we could ever hope to be. With better hair and makeup, too. So that’s a comfort. I guess. “Other People’s Children” is an indie drama featuring a bunch of quite … Continue reading
Movie Review: Son of Eastwood flirts with “Diablo”
You can see the logic here in Scott Eastwood’s mind. Or his agent’s. “Dad broke through in Westerns. Why don’t I do a Western?” Thus, “Diablo,” a violent and grimly obvious frontier thriller that Clint Eastwood might have made during … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Son of Eastwood flirts with “Diablo”
Movie Review — “From Caligari to Hitler: German Cinema in the Age of the Masses
Any fan of cinema has to have a passing knowledge of the German movies of the Weimar Era. That’s the democratic respite between the autocratic horrors of Imperial Germany, broken by World War I, and the rise of National Socialism … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review — “From Caligari to Hitler: German Cinema in the Age of the Masses