Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: Mark Wahlberg's fighting and recalling past lives in "Infinite"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 23, 2015
In Los Angeles, even the homeless are better looking than we could ever hope to be. With better hair and makeup, too. So that’s a comfort. I guess. “Other People’s Children” is an indie drama featuring a bunch of quite … Continue reading
You can see the logic here in Scott Eastwood’s mind. Or his agent’s. “Dad broke through in Westerns. Why don’t I do a Western?” Thus, “Diablo,” a violent and grimly obvious frontier thriller that Clint Eastwood might have made during … Continue reading
Any fan of cinema has to have a passing knowledge of the German movies of the Weimar Era. That’s the democratic respite between the autocratic horrors of Imperial Germany, broken by World War I, and the rise of National Socialism … Continue reading