Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Series Preview: Jon Bernthal pretties up for "American Gigolo" in series form
- The Oddest Tune in "The Greatest Beer Run Ever?"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Author Archives: Roger Moore
Jake Gyllenhaal, Gabriel Union, Dennis Quaid, Lucy Liu — few big voice names, a Thanksgiving release. Looks ok, derivative but OK.
“Don’t Worry Darling” did preview numbers that matched those of “The Woman King” a week ago –about $3.1 million. But Olivia Wilde’s critically-panned, bad-buzzed sci fi “Stepford” thing had IMAX previews earlier in the week, and opened earlier on Thursday … Continue reading
Peter Farrelly’s luck had to run out. The director who made his name with farces, who got Oscar glory for turning sentimental, serious and only occasionally silly with “Green Book,” gives us his take on Vietnam with another dramedy inspired … Continue reading
It’s a Vietnam War movie, so of course there’s a soundtrack packed with 1960s pop and rock — “Cherish” (badly used) to “Let It All Hang Out,” it’s not “Good Morning, Vietnam,” but “The Greatest Beer Run Ever” does blow … Continue reading
There’s a sweet twist to this sad news, that James Earl Jones has retired. Vanity Fair makes it official, the great man with the singular voice is hanging it up at 91. But Lucasfilm is passing a last big check … Continue reading
I remember reviewing this one, but I had to look it up before passing it on to a public library that I either pass, visit or stop to do some writing in. came out early last summer. And while I … Continue reading
The beloved children’s film earns a reboot, with original star Jenny Agutter back some half a century later. Let’s hope this sentimental WWII era drama still plays.
A couple of things stick in the memory about “Oklahoma Crude,” a downbeat Western “action comedy” (lots of shooting and blowing stuff up) from the cinema’s filmmaker of conscience, director and producer Stanley Kramer. The “boomer” theme music by Henry … Continue reading
“Mumblecore” as a movie genre is pretty much gone, but it survives in spirit in a daft little laugher titled “Pretty Problems,” a comedy scripted by its cast and that taps into that relative deprivation thing that the social media … Continue reading
This is the Fantastic Fest teaser for this RLJE/Shudder release, date TBD.