Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Movie Review: Same old "Top Gun," Same old "Maverick"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Netflixable? Rebel Wilson has her "Senior Year" moment
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
Find a Movie Review
Author Archives: Roger Moore
“Top Gun Maverick” is movie about how people don’t change, and how hit movie formulas shouldn’t be messed with. It’s a sentimental stroll through 1986’s “Top Gun” — a sentimental stroll at Mach whatever, pulling seven, eight or nine “G’s” … Continue reading
August 17, Disney wrings a little more value out of that Marvel buyout with this series. Ruffalo, sure. Not seeing any other familiar faces in it. Tatiana Maslany was in “Perry Mason.” The effects just turn her into a Kardashian…with … Continue reading
Britain simply canNOT get enough of that punk era Thatcherism or Thatcher Era provoking punk nostalgia. At least Danny Boyle’s behind this Sex Pistols mini series. The cast look and sound right. It’s on FX May 31. Maybe they’ll pitch … Continue reading
Eichner stars in, comments on and co-wrote this with director Nicholas Stoller. Hard to tell how funny it is, but he’s reliably hilarious on the TeeVee. And it’s sure to be a bit raunchy. Sept. 30
How on Earth does a movie set amidst the sun, vineyards, food and earthy-sexy sensualists of Tuscany turn out as drab as Helsignor during a mid-winter rain? “Toscana” is an Around the World with Netflix stab at “Italian for Beginners,” … Continue reading
Here’s the stand-out moment for many people who fondly recall 1988’s sometimes dazzling blend of live-action and animation, “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” It’s the long-awaited teaming up of Warner Brothers’ wise-quacking anti-hero Daffy Duck with Disney’s sputtering, exasperated and always … Continue reading
The sinister side of that British passion to “Escape to the Country” is the font of horror in “Men,” a genuinely hair-raising thriller from the director of “Ex Machina.” Alex Garland puts Jessie Buckley in jeopardy in a quiet country … Continue reading
Same director as “Top Gun: Maverick.” Only…on Netflix.
Movie Preview: Door to door insurance salesmen trapped in a serial killer’s basement? “Keeping Company”
Totally down with this as a concept. June 7.
Perhaps the best representation of the tediously-over-titled latest installment in the “Ghost in the Shell” media vortex –– “Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 Sustainable War” — is that hideously over-loaded title itself, translated from “Kôkaku kidôtai SAC_2045 Jizoku kanô sensô.” … Continue reading