Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 19, 2023
Movie Review: An Epic Poem becomes a Chinese “Knives Out” — “Full River Red”
“Full River Red” is the great Chinese director Zhang Yimou’s “hold my beer” movie moment. A creator of epic-length period pieces, romantic or action sagas in the tradition of David Lean — “Raise the Red Lantern,” “Hero,” and “House of … Continue reading
Documentary Review: “Little Richard: I Am Everything”
He was the Alpha, the Founder, “the originator, the ARCHITECT” of ‘rock’n roll.” Just ask him. “I’m an NOT conceited,” the flamboyant, brash and hilarious Little Richard Penniman said to almost every interviewer who ever basked in his presence. “I … Continue reading