Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: March 15, 2023
Documentary Preview: Remembering “Little Richard: I Am Everything”
It’s 2023. Maybe the world is finally ready for Little Richard and everything he unleashed April 21, from Magnolia and CNN Films.
Movie Review: “Stonewalling” completes a Downbeat portrait of Being Young in China
The Beijing-based husband and wife team of Huang Ji and Ryûji Otsuka’s latest portrait of China’s Generation Xi follows a protagonist from their drama “The Foolish Bird” into college but unable to escape the rootlessness and grind that the country’s … Continue reading
Next screening? Let’s dip into “Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods”
Big name guest stars, same jokey tone. Could be fun. Let’s see.
Movie Review — “John Wick: Chapter 4”
“John Wick: Chapter 4” is way cool, and way too damned long. It is the epic and epic-length installment in a franchise that’s served up “the same, only more of it” with each fresh outing, a lurid, violent, over-armed, over-designed … Continue reading