Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Classic Film Review: Angela Bassett as Tina Turner, "What's Love Got to Do With It?" (1993)
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: February 26, 2023
Classic Film Review: A “Romeo and Juliet” (1968) Shakespeare Could have Called his Own
It was a hit when it was first released and nominated for four Oscars, winning two. But Franco Zeffirelli’s lavish, period-perfect and bracingly young “Romeo and Juliet” wasn’t universally loved. Critics decried its “bowdlerized” Shakespeare, the dewy inexperience of its … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Classic Film Review: A “Romeo and Juliet” (1968) Shakespeare Could have Called his Own