Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? Italian pranksters discover "The Price of Family" is no bargain
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Frank Grillo spills blood in Peckinpah-land -- "Little Dixie"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 1, 2022
Harrison Ford, John Rhys-Davies….Need I go on? Ok then, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Toby Jones, Boyd Holbrook, Mads Mikkelson and Antonio Freaking Banderas. A 1960s setting? New York, etc.? James Mangold directs from a Jez Butterworth et al script.
You get a ways into “John Waite: The Hard Way,” and the inescapable feeling sweeps over you that this is a make-work project for a not-retired-yet pop star going a little stir crazy during COVID lockdown. As a film, it’s … Continue reading
Hugh Jackman’s a dad dealing with the damage he left behind from his first marriage, a son who’s become a train wreck. The cast includes Oscar winners Laura Dern and Anthony Hopkins and Vanessa Kirby. Florian Zeller and Christopher Hampton … Continue reading
There is no reason — none — why the rest of Hollywood should cede the Teen Rom Com genre to the hormonal hits factory at Netflix. So why not a teen rom-com built around “I see dead people?” And why … Continue reading
Might be an overreach, but considering the state of the field this year, maybe not.
“The Whale” is not a great, artful or innovative film, and it goes to some pains to never let us forget that. It’s overtly theatrical, never remotely shedding its stage-play origins. It’s a one-set show, with just five characters with … Continue reading
Inspired by a true story, because in the 80s, even bears got into the nose candy.