Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Movie Review: Creepy Rich Kid Becomes a Nightmare for "The Tutor"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 30, 2022
Netflixable? Key and Peele meet Henry Selick — “Wendell & Wild”
Well, if it took a Henry Selick stop-motion animated horror comedy to put Key and Peele tother again on the screen, we’ll take it. Netflix wrote the checks and the director of “The Nightmare Before Christmas” and “Coraline,” co-adapting a … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Netflixable? Key and Peele meet Henry Selick — “Wendell & Wild”
Classic Film Review: Gould and Segal partner in Altman’s Ultimate Buddy picture, “California Split”(1974)
Every film buff has her or his own interpretation of what “Altmanesque” means. It’s the torrent of words, the hyper-naturalistic dialogue that has everybody talking at once, leaving it to the viewer — with a little help from the sound … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Classic Film Review: Gould and Segal partner in Altman’s Ultimate Buddy picture, “California Split”(1974)