Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: Walton Goggins pines for more pitchman laughs -- "John Bronco Rides Again"
Find a Movie Review
To hear the co-stars tell it, the decision to make the indie dramedy “Land Ho!” was all “Location, location location.” “There wasn’t any script,” Earl Lynn Nelson (“Passenger Pigeons”) says. “Martha (co-writer/director Martha Stephens) called me up and said, ‘Would … Continue reading
“Snowpiercer” is a veritable United Nations of sci-fi films. Directed by the Korean Bong Joon-Ho (“The Host”), based on a French graphic novel and with a cast built around Captain America (Chris Evans), Oscar winner Octavia Spencer, Tilda Swinton, Jamie … Continue reading
“Belle” is a movie that instantly joins the ranks of the screen’s great period piece romances. Imagine a Jane Austen adaptation, with all its Empire waistlines and romantic longing, but a film in which the obstacles to love are far … Continue reading
Greg Kinnear, an actor perpetually on the verge of tears (he’s the “white Terrence Howard) is the perfect choice to play a preacher whose son tells him he’s been to heaven. And “Heaven is for Real,” based on a book … Continue reading
The Golden Globes, still “just a TV show,” the Oscars still “an event”? Sure. But a better show, from Tina and Amy, stars mingling and drinking, loosie acceptance speeches (some of them). The clothes, the live tweeting (Ronan Farrow ripping … Continue reading
“Europa Report” is a lean, ultra-realistic sci-fi thriller that shows you don’t have to spend Tom Cruise or Will Smith money to tell a tight, intimate story. This frill-free “found footage” film may have the limited scope of a made-for-SyFy … Continue reading
Jim Carrey, who has been outspoken in his criticism of the NRA and gun enthusiasts since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, has decided that maybe making a violent action comedy before that tragedy wasn’t the best idea. He tweeted … Continue reading
They met on a Vienna-bound train, and fell in love with each other over a long night’s talk “Before Sunrise.” Nine years later, they reconnected in Paris and fell in love all over again, no matter how much more complicated … Continue reading
Slow, sentimental and somewhat sedated, the third “Hangover” movie isn’t so much exhausted of outrageous “Oh not they DIDN’T” ideas as spent of energy. And they knew it, too. The only raunchy moment is stuffed into the closing credits, … Continue reading