Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
Find a Movie Review
It’s a gamble, I know. But I figure, if I’m interviewing somebody from “Godzilla,” I want the guy whose culture gave birth to the Kaiji, the guy who, in the new movie, sympathizes with the monster he identifies by naming … Continue reading
I had moved away from North Dakota, but only recently, when “Fargo” came out. And returning here for the Fargo Film Festival, I was reminded of the region’s ambivalent relationship to the movie that made it famous. In Q & … Continue reading
io9.com posted this cool collection of shots from “Metropolis” and “Star Wars” that gives you a new appreciation for “How did they DO that?”
He did the best of the Harry Potters, “Children of Men” and “Y Tu Mama Tambien” and “Great Expectations” and “A Little Princess.” One of my favorite directors, and he should be one of yours. So I’m looking for suggestions … Continue reading
Like a lot of drive-ins, this one has slipped in and out of a coma for years. But thanks to Honda’s little project to supply cash to five popular, worthy drive-ins with digital projection, the Ocala Drive-In will survive the … Continue reading
“Dumb and Dumber To,” they’re calling the film. Because nobody involved (save Daniels, an HBO star) had anything better to do. Finally.
Yup. That’s Charlie going by his dad’s birth surname. and his own birth name. Carlos Estevez. Like Emilio Estevez. It’s how he’ll be credited in the new Robert Rodriguez grindhouse sequel “Machete Kills.”
Yeah, I’ve seen “Much Ado About Nothing,” and that’s primarily what we’ll be talking about. Joss shot it, in black and white, at his house. Which is big and rambling, but not ostentatious. Very homey. And Nathan plays Dogberry, the … Continue reading
He doesn’t look like the images of the character from comic books. He has a blueish glow for the next “Amazing Spider-Man” movie, due out in 2014. But it’s an arresting look, and the hoodie lends him a certain currency … Continue reading