Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Antrum: The Deadliest Film Ever Made"
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
Find a Movie Review
Yes, I know that’s not a proper cricket score, which would be 183 to 165 and a half. Or some such. But just in case you missed the best Aussie-Brit burn since “The Ashes.” Just in case you don’t … Continue reading
Let us now plumb the mysteries and parse the meaning of a Chinese animated film. No, I’m not returning to the subject of “Rock Dog.” But animation can be a fascinating window on a culture. Think of your … Continue reading
They gave the Best Documentary Feature Film Oscar to “Icarus,” a film about trying to beat the laughably busted and beatable doping tests used on athletes. Cyclist/filmmaker Bryan Fogel set out to find a drug doc, get a drug regimen, … Continue reading
It’s a gamble, I know. But I figure, if I’m interviewing somebody from “Godzilla,” I want the guy whose culture gave birth to the Kaiji, the guy who, in the new movie, sympathizes with the monster he identifies by naming … Continue reading
I had moved away from North Dakota, but only recently, when “Fargo” came out. And returning here for the Fargo Film Festival, I was reminded of the region’s ambivalent relationship to the movie that made it famous. In Q & … Continue reading
io9.com posted this cool collection of shots from “Metropolis” and “Star Wars” that gives you a new appreciation for “How did they DO that?”