Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Skin and sin and church tumble together in "Chocolate City"
- Movie Review: "The Age of Adaline"
- Movie Review: "Far from the Madding Crowd"
- Movie Review: "Private Number"
- Movie Review: Not much fright in this "Poltergeist"
- Movie Review: "Putzel," at the Florida Film Festival
- Movie Review: "Where Hope Grows"
- Movie Review: "Before I Disappear"
- Movie Review: "Take Care"
- Movie Review: "See You in Valhalla"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 4, 2013
Apparently. Still trying to get my mind around him showing up in a new “Star Wars” trilogy, and then this comes up. He’ll sort of do a version of the grizzled vet of the airwaves he played in “Morning Glory.
Hirohito sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne and ruled Japan through wars with China and World War II. But at the end of the war, there were two emperors in Tokyo. Douglas MacArthur, Supreme Commander of the Allied Powers, ruled Japan … Continue reading
A James Franco/Mila Kunis/Michelle Williams “Wizard of Oz” prequel with Sam Raimi at the helm is “tracking,” according to Deadline.com, for an epic $80 million or more opening weekend. A lackluster 2013 (down 24% in February alone) could be rescued … Continue reading
Stanley Kubrick spent the latter part of the 1960s — post “2001,” pre-“Clockwork Orange” — pulling together a movie about Napoleon. How else do you follow the groundbreaking “2001: A Space Odyssey” — a titanic undertaking that reinvented the genre … Continue reading