Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Too many laughs are lost in translation in "Cantinflas"
- Movie Review: "As Above, So Below" is a real shaky-camera headache
- Have questions for Kristen Bell? Send'em my way.
- Movie Review: "God's Not Dead"
- Movie Review: "If I Stay"
- Movie Review: "The Giver"
- Movie Review: "The November Man"
- Movie Review: "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" get the Michael Bay treatment
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: Dakota Fanning, miscast again in "The Last of Robin Hood"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: March 1, 2013
Here’s the 2013 list of movies for the Fla. Film Festival’s International Showcase, followed by the British shorts they’re bringing in. BROKEN/UK (Director: Rufus Norris) Skunk (newcomer Eloise Laurence) is an eleven year-old diabetic girl who lives with her lawyer-father … Continue reading
It cost close to $200 million, according to some estimates ($195). And the buzz on it is weak. Will “Jack the Giant Slayer” ride lukewarm reviews and no buzz to a $26 million weekend? Box Office Mojo thinks so. Ray … Continue reading
Yeah, baby, an old school omnibus slaughter picture! OK, not my USUAL thing, but you’ve got 26 directors, from all over the world, doing short, complete sketch-length films about violent death, in everything from animation to found-footage first-person real. The … Continue reading
A couple of observations about the year so far in movies. There have been a few not-half-bad ones, but movies that have caught on with audiences and stuck around, that have buzz and staying power? “Identity Thief” is pretty much … Continue reading
Ok, so it wasn’t “The Last Exorcism” after all. Here’s “Part II: The Second Coming,” an 88 bore without the nervy, shaky-camera found-footage conceit, without the doubting exorcist’s moment of truth, without the chills of demonic possession thrills that the … Continue reading